Tennessee’s anti-LGBT slate of hate includes:
- SB 1282/HB 1369 “Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act, a bill to defy the Supreme Court ruling and try to ban the freedom to marry for LGBT couples.
- HB 836, SB 1304, HB 1152, SB 848, these bills would create a license to discriminate for taxpayer-funded adoption and foster care services to refuse to place children with qualified families if the family doesn’t share all of the agency’s religious beliefs.
- HB 563, the Business License to Discriminate Bill commonly. This bill would give businesses a broad license to discriminate against LGBT people, preventing local municipalities from implementing policies that bar taxpayer funds from being used by businesses and contractors, to discriminate against LGBT people.
- SB 1499/HB 1274, bills which would require the Tennessee Attorney General to either pay for legal costs, or itself defend, discriminatory anti-transgender school policies.
- HB 1151/SB 1297, bills that would enable harassment of transgender people in public places.
Businesses across America support diversity and LGBT rights. Learn more about the local equality group in your state
If you are a Glamazon and you want to use your voice to help bring positive change, get in touch with us.
“We believe that diversity and inclusion are good for our business, but our commitment is based on something more fundamental than that. It's simply right.” - Amazon's Diversity Statement